- This event has passed.
Workboat Code Training Session 3
May 10 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Session 3: June 8th 2021, 14:00 – 16:00 (UK time)
Target audience: Further understanding for Primary users, Workboat Surveyors & Inspectors and Advanced stakeholders
Presented by: WA CEO – Kerrie Forster, SCMS CEO – Stuart Gladwell and MCA Code Vessel Lead – Rob Taylor.
Prior Session Re-cap
– Brief oversight of the elements captured in Sessions 1 and 2.
Certifying and maintaining a vessel to the Workboat Code
– How does the process work? (Including behind the scenes)
– What version of the Code can I certify a vessel to?
– What happens if the vessel or crew do not meet the Codes requirements?
Understanding the changes in the Codes development
– Difference between the Brown Code, MGN 280, WBC2 TWGS and WBC2
– Dangerous Goods
Additional Certification supporting the Workboat Code
– Need for a Safety Management System
– Dangerous Goods DoC, Safe Manning Document, Radio License
– Other certification required by external Port States or Charterers
FAQ and Myth Busting
– Frequently asked questions and common mis-beliefs related to the Code