This year’s Workboat Association Safety Campaign has started.
At the 2020 AGM it was decided that this years Safety Campaign would be Stop and Think!
During the course of the year the Workboat Association will issue a number of targeted safety collections from around the industry that have significant interest to Workboat Operations.
Six Safety Collection topics have been agreed; (Not in campaign order)
- Confidence surrounding Competency
- Having the confidence to acknowledge and discuss if you are not self-assured with any parts of your duties or tasks onboard
- Enclosed spaces
- Guidance on the risks related to working with ‘Enclosed’ or ‘Confined’ spaces onboard Workboats and small vessels.
- Maintaining a proper lookout (ColRegs: 5)
- The importance of, and what constitutes a “proper” lookout onboard Workboats and small vessels.
- Passage planning
- The importance of thorough pre-departure planning and preparation, and the best practice to maintaining a live passage plan whilst underway.
- ‘Obtaining, maintaining and wearing’ the correctly fitted and job-specific PPE at the correct times onboard.
- Seat belts and passenger management
- ‘When, why and how’ to implement and maintain a safe seatbelt usage ethic onboard.
The first Safety Collection of the campaign is: PPE
Please download and promulgate this safety collection both on and offshore within your organisations and to your stakeholders, where appropriate.
This collection is intended to be used as a tool for inspiring safety meeting topics, toolbox talk aids, internal management system review and general guidance to implementing and maintaining a good PPE ethic within the workplace.
More information can be requested through our Contact Page or via the links in the download.