The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) has recently issued an updated Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID) and Marine Inspection of Small Workboat (MISW) inspection question sets.
This inspection can now only be undertaken by authorised surveyors and all results have to be uploaded to the eCMID/MISW database which can be found here.
IMCA has announced the availability of an updated suite of eCMID question sets and other related materials. eCMID/eMISW question sets – Issue 11 of the eCMID and issue 4 of the eMISW are now available within the eCMID application.
Thanks are given by IMCA to all those who provided feedback during the consultation process, as this was used to enhance the revisions.
The revised inspection forms include:
- New questions on cyber security
- A new eCMID section on the Maritime Labour Convention
- An extra optional supplement to the eCMID, covering vessel reactivation after a period of lay-up
- Removal of repeat or redundant questions
- Updates to reflect regulatory and technological developments
- Changes to watermarks to reinforce that only online reports are now recognised by IMCA.
Guidance from IMCA on the new eCMID system:
IMCA M 167 has been fully rewritten to act as the single point of reference for official IMCA policy and guidance on the inspection process and use of reports. The previously separate explanatory texts from the eCMID and eMISW have been moved to this document, while ‘how to’ user guides to the website and software have been removed.
Where to find information and the support website:
IMCA has developed a new resource, providing a range of information on the eCMID system, including task-focused user guides and an archive of the latest system communications.
- This will be further enhanced in the coming days and weeks as we add PDF downloads and YouTube videos to the user guides.
- We would welcome submission of vessel/inspection-related images to help illustrate the site.