The G+ has now released the revised 2nd edition of its Good practice guideline: the safe management of small service vessels used in the offshore wind industry. The publication has been made available for download via the Energy Institute website.
The updated guidance, which was reviewed at our Offshore Wind Safety Forum in Lowestoft last year, sets out good practice for management of <500GT vessels supporting offshore wind projects in the UK, Germany and Denmark.
- Functional roles and responsibilities for parties involved in the management of service vessels.
- Audit and inspection regimes for service vessels engaged by the wind farm.
- Operating procedures and guidance for the control and coordination of service vessel activities within the wind farm.
- Operating procedures for routine marine operations and vessel activities in the wind farm.
- Management of vessel traffic within the wind farm and in transit to the wind farm.
- Training and competence of service vessel marine crew, industrial personnel, passengers, and Marine Coordination personnel.
- Vessel safety equipment.